THE FEDERAL BAR ASSOCIATION
Southern District of New York Chapter
And Immigration Law Section
Cordially Invites You to a Truly Educational CLE
Experts in immigration and criminal law will provide immigration attorneys with a thorough and working understanding of the intersection of criminal law and the consequences on immigration cases.
Date: February 18th 2015
Time: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Second Circuit Courthouse
Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse
40 Foley Square, Room 145, New York, New York
Opening cocktail and light fare reception 5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
(2 skills hours- New York CLE credit only- approval pending)
· How to understand charging documents Under New York State Law
· Using criminal documents to your advantage in immigration court
· Understanding the Rap Sheet
· Should you post bail? How does it affect the Immigration case along with strategies when there is an ICE hold
· The New Department of Corrections law on ICE holds
· How to properly work with criminal lawyers on pleas, bonds, etc.- What they need to know-What you need to know
· Understanding the Supreme Court’s decisions in Moncrieffe and Descamps
· The latest decisions by the Board of Immigration Appeals in light of these important decisions
· The implications of all these court decisions
· Arguments you can use in Immigration Court
Immigration Attorneys: Isaac Wheeler and Matthew Guadagno
Criminal Lawyers: Labe Richman and Chris Flood
Moderated by Cheryl R David
Who Should Attend: Newly admitted and experienced attorneys and law students.
To Register: http://fba-sdny-crimmigration.eventbrite.com
Free for Current and NEW FBA members (i.e. signing up to become a member of FBA)
$30 for non-FBA members
Join Federal Bar Association at www.fedbar.org
Tuition assistance available for qualified applicants.
Please contact SDNY.FBA@gmail.com or email@example.com for info.
Southern District of New York Chapter of The Federal Bar Association
c/o Amy N. Gell
FBA: Immigration Law Section N.Y. CLE Chair, Immigration Law Committee SDNY
Gell & Gell
299 Broadway, Room#620
New York, NY 10007
Copyright law, fine art and navigating the courts. All practice, no theory.Copyright Litigation Handbook (Thomson Reuters Westlaw 2012-2013) by Raymond J. Dowd